Mexican Rice and Beans
Fry onions and peppers in margarine for a few minutes, using a
corningware container. Add rice a roni and fry to liking.
Add 2 cups water, tomatoes and beans. Cook until done. Transfer mixture
into bake ware.
Top with cheese and broil. Serve with chips and Coronas or pina
- One box Mexican or Spanish Rice a Roni
- 2 Tablespoons margarine for Rice-a-Roni
- A little chopped onions and peppers
- diced tomatos or salsa (both are optional)
- 14 oz. can of black beans (frijoles negros) found in goya section
- 4 oz. shredded cheese (use fat free to save calories)
- Tortilla chips (baked or wow are fine)